Monday 27 December 2010

Early stages of new project

These are some sneak previews of what cartoon short I am working on next. It sort of has shades of the old Road Runner cartoons, which can't be a bad thing; Tex Avery and Chuck Jones are among my inspirations after all! The main characters are all non-anthro this time, which I think is going to be a lot of fun to work with and perhaps a breath of fresh air. It is still cartoon animals granted, but I feel that I need to keep focusing on my strengths in order to produce a half-decent showreel.
'The Heron' is to serve as the antagonist (of a sort) of this new story.
One of two german shepherd dogs acting as a generic supporting character.
One thing I am proud of are my backgroud drawings. The new story is set in the English countryside; I have the North and the Midlands in mind since some of my heritage originates there. Plus some of the area looks lovely :)
I'm going to do more research into overhead electric wires for British railway tracks. The final image will have different pylons in place of the existing ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment